500g Mixed Wild Mushroom
2 Banana Shallot
2 Garlic Clove
50g Salted Butter
50ml White wine
1 tsp Chopped Parsley
100g Baby Spinnach
1 Loaf of Sourdough
White Truffle Oil
1. Start by preparing the mushrooms, cut each different mushroom into random shapes & sizes, try not to have them too uniform
2. Next finely dice the shallots & finely slice the garlic.
3. In a pan heat the olive oil & start frying the shallot with the garlic.
4. when the shallots and garlic start to brown add the butter.
5. when the butter has melted and started to foam add the mushrooms, fry the mushrooms until they are starting to colour.
6. Next add the white wine and let all the butter and wine creates a sauce.
7. cut the sourdough into thick slices & toast. (try rubbing some garlic over the toasted bread for extra flavour)
8. lastly add the spinach & chopped parsley to the mushrooms & season with sea salt and cracked pepper.
9. To plate add a slice of toast to a plate topped with the mushrooms, drizzle some of the juices over along with a little truffle oil & parmesaen shavings.
This dish works great as a starter or a hearty breakfast with a poached or fried egg
KEEP YOUR SPIRITS HIGH THIS FESTIVE SEASON WITH
A NICHOLAS JAMES GIFT HAMPER
32 Station Road, Poole BH14 8UD
Tel: +44 (0)1202 718803
Terms & Conditions
© 2021 Nicholas James Limited. All Rights Reserved