250ml Dark Soy sauce
100ml Sweet Chilli sauce
1 Small piece of Ginger
1 tbsp chopped corriander
1 tsp Sesame oil
4 Bunches Spring onion
1/2 Side Salmon
1 tsp Mixed Sesame Seeds
1. Start by very finely chopping the ginger & adding it to a mixing bowl.
2. finely slice the spring onions & add to the bowl, then dice the cucumber making sure to remove the seeds.
3. now to the bowl add the soy sauce, sweet chili & sesame oil.
4. zest & juice the lime & add to the soy mixture.
5. leave the soy mixture to one side and start to prepare your salmon. start by removing the skin & wash in ice-cold water.
6. Dry the fish with kitchen paper or a clean towel & place it on a chopping board.
7. with a sharp long slicing knife start slicing thin slices around 1cm in thickness, be careful not to slice to thin as it will become difficult to present.
8. take a large plate and start to arrange your salmon around the middle of the plate.
9. start to spoon your sauce liberally over the plate making sure you cover every part of the salmon, then sprinkle over the sesame seeds and garnish with pea shoots.
The key with this dish is to not prepare the salmon in advance, leaving the salmon for longer than 5 minutes before serving will cause the salmon to start curing and become tough.
KEEP YOUR SPIRITS HIGH THIS FESTIVE SEASON WITH
A NICHOLAS JAMES GIFT HAMPER
32 Station Road, Poole BH14 8UD
Tel: +44 (0)1202 718803
Terms & Conditions
© 2021 Nicholas James Limited. All Rights Reserved