2 red onions
2 cloves of garlic
1 red chilli
1 red pepper
1 tsp hot paprika
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
1 small bunch corriander
50ml white wine
1 tbsp olive oil
100g crumbled feta cheese
1 small bunch parsley
1. Start by finely dicing the 2 red onions, red pepper, garlic & the chilli (seeds in or out depending on how hot you prefer).
2. Heat the olive oil to a medium temperature in a saucepan & add the red onion, red pepper, garlic & chilli & begin to slowly sweat them down.
3. when the red onion & peppers start to soften and become glassy add the paprika, cook the paprika out in the pan for around 1-2 minutes at a medium temperature to release the flavour.
4. Now add the white wine and reduce by half followed by the chopped tomatoes bring the mixture to the boil then turn down to a low simmer, season with salt & pepper
5. Cook the sauce for around 30 minutes or until it has thickened & become rich in flavour.
6. Add the chopped coriander & remove from the heat & allow to cool slightly & preheat your oven to 200c
7. In a skillet or oven-safe pan place the sauce evenly over the bottom then crack your eggs evenly over the sauce & place them into the oven.
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on how runny you like the egg yolks to be.
9. Remove the skillet from the oven and crumble over the feta cheese and chopped parsley.
Enjoy on its own or with a side of sourdough
KEEP YOUR SPIRITS HIGH THIS FESTIVE SEASON WITH
A NICHOLAS JAMES GIFT HAMPER
32 Station Road, Poole BH14 8UD
Tel: +44 (0)1202 718803
Terms & Conditions
© 2021 Nicholas James Limited. All Rights Reserved